Current Affairs 4th January 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 4th January 2017
Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exams. Here we are provided Daily GK questions for the candidates who are going to attend for Government Jobs, Bank Jobs, Police Jobs, etc. Everyone should have to get knowledge about current affairs happening around the world. Aspirants can check the Current Affairs 4th January 2017 from this page. We gave the Latest updates regarding it. Current affairs consist news, awareness, information and comprehension on all that is happening in the world.
Current Affairs 4th January 2017
- Paytm gets RBI approval for payments bank. Paytm has received final approval of the Reserve Bank to formally launch its payments bank and it expects to start operations next month. Payments banks can accept deposits from individuals and small businesses of up to Rs 1 lakh per account.
- HDFC bank, Bank of India announce cut in lending rates. Housing finance major HDFC has cut benchmark lending rates by up to 0.90 percentage point. The state-run Bank of India has also announced cut in lending rates. Taking a cue from the top PSU banks, country’s largest mortgage lender HDFC today reduced its home loan rates by up to 0.45 per cent. Loans up to Rs 75 lakh will attract interest rate of 8.7 per cent per annum, while it will be 8.75 per cent for higher amounts, HDFC said in a statement. A woman applicant will get a discount of 0.05 per cent in interest rate.
- AIIMS Partners Mobikwik For Cashless Payments. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi has partnered with digital payments firm MobiKwik.
- Maharashtra Government Unveils the Portrait of Social Reformer ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray. The Maharashtra state Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has unveiled the portrait of social reformer ‘Prabodhankar Thackeray’ in the general assembly hall of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). “Keshav Sitaram Thackeray, famously known as Prabodhankar was a social reformer, author and key leaders of the Samyukta Maharashtra Samiti”.
- British country has announced that it would launch a new one-pound coin at the end of March this year and scrap the current one pound coin.
- PM Modi inaugurates 104th Indian Science Congress at Tirupati. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 104th Indian Science Congress at Tarakarama Stadium of Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. The theme for the five-day event is ‘Science and Technology for National Development’.
- India and Sri Lanka Agrees to find permanent solution to the fishermen issues. A ministerial-level talks held between Indian Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare of India Radha Mohan Singh and Minister for Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development of Sri Lanka Mahinda Amaraweera. On this occasion, both the countries agreed to release all Indian and Sri Lankan fishermen in each other’s custody.
- Maharashtra state Government has banned the use of Purse Seine Nets for fishing across Maharashtra from January 1, 2017 to safeguard the Fingerlings, a fish species.