Current Affairs 27th-28th July 2016-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions & Answers
All those Jobs Seekers who are preparing the latest or upcoming Government Jobs, Competitive Examinations, they have also needed the Details of Latest Current Affairs, for preparation of the general Knowledge Subject. Applicants can get latest updates on this Post. Here we update today or Daily GK Quiz 27th July 2016, Current Affairs 27th July 2016, Today Important Question 28th July and GK Question Answer today with covering description about the topics, Here we also covering the current highlight topics for discussion like as national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields.
Current Affairs 27th-28th July 2016
Bezwada Wilson and T.M. Krishna were named as winners of the Ramon Magsaysay Award 2016 that were announced on 27 July 2016
Explanation: Bezwada Wilson and T.M. Krishna of India were among the six winners of year 2016’s Ramon Magsaysay Award. Four other winners of these prestigious awards are – Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (Japan), Dompet Dhuafa (Indonesia), Conchita Carpio-Morales (The Philippines) and Vientiane Rescue (Laos).
Oldest elephant in Kerala set to enter Guinness world records
- Dakshayani (86-year) is all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
- TDB has written to the Guinness authorities staking claim to Dakshayani being the oldest living elephant in the world.
Akshay Kumar: Actor Shares Photo of Himself in Cameo Role for Upcoming Film
Daljeet Kaur: Actress Discusses Domestic Violence and Weight Loss in Interview
Barkha Dutt: NDTV Editor Criticizes Times Now Editor Arnab Goswami for Comments Over Journalists
Xiaomi: Company Launches 1st Windows 10 Laptop
BlackBerry: Company Launches DTEK50 Smartphone
Lok Sabha passes Child Labour Amendment Bill
- The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Amendment Bill has been passed by Lok Sabha.
- Earlier, the bill was first passed in Rajya Sabha and later in Lok Sabha during this monsoon session of Parliament.
The European Union appoints chief Brexit negotiator
- European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has appointed Michel Barnier, a former EU Commissioner for internal markets, to lead negotiations with Britain to leave the European Union.
- Barnier will take up his post on October 1.
- Michel Barnier is a French Union for a Popular Movement (UMP) politician and Vice President of the European People’s Party (EPP).
Govt Introduces Bill To Amend Lokpal Act
- The govt. has introduced a bill in the Lok Sabha to amend the clause pertaining to NGOs in the Lokpal Act.
- It proposes to amend Section 44 of the Act.
- The act required senior management personnel working with NGOs to disclose their assets and liabilities if their NGO receive foreign donations and funds from the Union government.
India-US discuss security and terrorism
- US and Indian officials will meet on Thursday for the 14th US-India Counter terrorism Joint Working Group (JWG)
- The meeting is to discuss regional terrorist threats, information sharing, border security, and efforts to counter extremism.
- It was agreed upon by John Kerry and Sushma Swaraj on the occasion of the inaugural US-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue in September last year.