Current Affairs 27th December 2016-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 27th December 2016
Hello Friends, Welcome to our Educational Portal, here we are provided all the details of Current Affairs Daily GK Questions. Get the Latest GK Questions of December 2016 now. Aspirants can check the Current Affairs 27th December 2016 from this page. GKToday is very important our Life; you gain the more knowledge with the help of latest current affairs. Here we provide Daily GK questions for the candidates who are going to attend for Government Jobs, Bank Jobs, Police Jobs, etc. Everyone should have to get knowledge about current affairs happening around the world. Aspirants can check daily, weekly and Monthly GK updates here.
Current Affairs 27th December 2016
- Karnataka govt launches 25 bio-diesel buses in the state. In an effort to reduce pollution caused by diesel buses, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has launched 25 bio-diesel buses in the state. These eco-friendly buses will ply on four routes, including Tirupati and Chennai. Costing around Rs. 90 lakh each, bio-diesel buses eject 60-70% less emissions than diesel buses and would reportedly save the Corporation Rs. 80 lakh each year.
- Punjab to Get its First Bioethanol Plant at Bathinda. Union food processing minister laid the foundation stone of Punjab’s first second-generation Bioethanol plant at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district. Deputy CM Punjab S. Sukhbir Singh Badal and Minister of State, Petroleum & Natural Gas Sh. DharmendraPradhan also joined her. Built up at 49 acres of land, the 500 crore plant offers a practical solution to the problem of stubble burning by converting crop residue to Ethanol.
- Odisha state government has decided to launch a new malaria control programme DAMAN (Durgama Anchalare Malaria Nirakaran).
- Agni-5 the long range intercontinental surface-to-surface nuclear capable ballistic missile which was successfully test-fired from the Abdul Kalam Wheeler Island off coast of Odisha.
- Facebook received most data requests from Indian Government in 6 months. Social networking guru Facebook has received the 6,324 requests from Indian government agencies for 8,290 accounts in the year 2016. This is the second highest record after the United States. It has made 23,854 requests for 38,951 users/accounts during January-June 2016.
- Amazon India Report Delhi is the most well-read city in India. According to the survey of the Amazon India, the national capital Delhi, has emerged as the most well-read city in India. Bengaluru took the second Position and Mumbai stood at the third position.
- PM Narendra Modi lays foundation stone of statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the statue of 17th century Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on an island off the Mumbai coast in Arabia Sea.
- Mithun Chakraborty resigns from Rajya Sabha citing health reasons. Actor-turned politician Mithun Chakraborty has resigned from Rajya Sabha citing health reasons. Mr Chakraborty, whose alleged involvement in the Saradha Ponzi scam made news last year, had attended the Upper House for just three days.