Current Affairs 26th August 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 26th August 2017
Welcome to Current Affairs Today, your source for latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2017 for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Daily Current Affairs 2017 updates for Banks, Central, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway and other competitive exams. 26th August 2017 Current affairs, Latest GK Questions are available here. Aspirants who are prepared for competition exams can read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates and General Awareness Questions. We will provide the Today Current Affairs and Important GK Questions on this page. Candidates who preparing for the competitive examination must have knowledge about the current affairs and practice the Today Current affairs GK Question Quiz.
Current Affairs 26th August 2017
- Google Expands Public Wi-Fi to Indonesia. After a successful run in India, Google has brought its public Wi-Fi programme ‘Google Station’ to Indonesia that will help improves access to Internet at railway stations and other locations.
- Alibaba Founder Jack Ma becomes Asia’s richest person. According to Forbes, as of the end of last week, Jack Ma, the founder of the leading e-commerce giant in China, was worth $37.4 billion, with Tencent (TCEHY) Chairman Ma Huateng now ranked second with a $36.7 billion fortune.
- Government Sets up Task Force on Artificial Intelligence.Government has constituted a task force on Artificial Intelligence for the country’s Economic Transformation.
- President Donald Trump signs memo banning transgender recruits from US military. resident Donald Trump directed the Pentagon to declare an indefinite ban on transgender individuals joining the military, but he appeared to leave open the possibility of allowing some already in uniform to remain in the military.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi leaves for Bihar to conduct aerial survey of flood-affected regions. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Purnea on a day-long visit to Bihar to take stock of the flood situation in the state.
- London to host 2018 table tennis team World Cup. The 2018 ITTF Team World Cup will be held in London from February 22 to 25 next year, the world table tennis governing body announced.
- OBC Creamy Layer Bar Raised To Rs 8 Lakh P.A. The income limit defining ‘creamy layer’ for OBC reservation has been raised by Rs 2 lakh per annum even as the Union cabinet today approved setting up of a panel for sub-categorization within the other backward classes for even distribution of reservation benefits.
- Panel on National Mineral Policy to submit report by Oct-end. The panel mandated to review the National Mineral Policy, 2008, and suggest a new framework will submit its report by October-end.