Current Affairs 25th April 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 25th April 2017
Welcome to our Educational Portal. Now a Days its Became General to Search on the Internet for the Up to Date News Updates of National and International. We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News. All the Aspirants can get the 26th April 2017 GK Questions and Practice General Knowledge Quiz from this page. We are provided Daily GK questions for the candidates who are going to attend for Government Jobs, Bank Jobs, Police Jobs, etc. Candidates can check the Current Affairs 26th April 2017 from this post.
Current Affairs 26th April 2017
- India becomes world’s fifth-largest military spender. India’s military expenditure grew around 8.5 percent in 2016, making it the world’s fifth largest spender at $55.9 billion, figures released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI). The USA remains the world’s largest military spender registering a growth of 1.7 per cent between 2015 and 2016 to $611 billion.
- Northeast India’s largest IT hub opens in Tripura. Northeast India’s sixth and largest Information Technology (IT) hub was inaugurated here on Monday to boost employment and e-governance besides to export software technology.
- Manpreet Kaur wins shot put gold at Asian Grand Prix, leads world rankings. Shot putter Manpreet Kaur’s outstanding performance in the first leg of the Asian Grand Prix in Jinhua, China, helped her take No 1 spot in the world rankings.
- First digital village in Arunachal Pradesh. Nirjuli village – 1 in Papum Pare district was declared as the first digital village of Arunachal Pradesh. Digital village aims at cashless transactions even in sabji mandis to make payment through mobile. The state government also promised to promote V set linked customer service point (CSP) for digitalisation.
- NASA’s Super Pressure Balloon Takes Flight From New Zealand. NASA successfully launched its football-stadium-sized, heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from Wanaka.
- GIC Re sets up base in financial hub GIFT City. General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) has become the first re-insurer to open an office at India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
- Indian businessman appointed Kazakhstan’s Honorary Consul. The government of Kazakhstan has appointed the Chairman of Kirtilals Jewellers Suraj Shantakumar as its Honorary Consul for the southern states i.e Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala.
- Bill Gates praises PM Modi for Swachh Bharat Mission. Microsoft Co-founder and the world’s richest person, Bill Gates has praised PM Narendra Modi for the Swachh Bharat Mission.