Current Affairs 24th August 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 24th August 2017
Welcome to Current Affairs Today, your source for latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2017 for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Daily Current Affairs 2017 updates for Banks, Central, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway and other competitive exams. 24th August 2017 Current affairs, Latest GK Questions are available here. Aspirants who are prepared for competition exams can read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates and General Awareness Questions. We will provide the Today Current Affairs and Important GK Questions on this page. Candidates who preparing for the competitive examination must have knowledge about the current affairs and practice the Today Current affairs GK Question Quiz.
Current Affairs 24th August 2017
- PM Modi, Shashi Tharoor Feature In LinkedIn 2017 Power Profiles List. LinkedIn the Professional networking giant on Wednesday made an announcement of its fourth edition of Power Profiles, a list of the most viewed LinkedIn profiles of professionals in India.
- Gayle, Sehwag to play a Ten Cricket league in UAE. The cricket legends Virender Sehwag, Chris Gayle, Shahid Afridi and Kumar Sangakkara will be part of Ten Cricket League in the UAE.
- Supreme Court declares Right to Privacy as Fundamental Right. The Supreme Court of India pronounced that individual privacy is a fundamental right protected by the Constitution.
- 5% GST applicable on selling of space for advertisement in Print media. Union Government clarified that five percent Goods and Service Tax (GST) is applicable on selling of space for advertisement in print media if an agency buys space from the newspaper and sells the same to clients on its own account.
- Cabinet Approves Indo-Nepal MoU On Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal on Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances and precursor chemicals and related matters.
- US sends first-ever shipment of its coal to Ukraine. The US has sent the first-ever shipment of its coal to Ukraine under a deal between a US mining company and Ukrainian state-run thermal energy producer earlier this year.
- Cabinet approves plans to merge some state-run banks. The government today decided to set up an Alternative Mechanism to oversee the proposals for consolidation of public sector banks (PSBs) with a view to creating fewer but stronger lenders.
- Forbes’ highest paid actors: Shah Rukh Khan among world’s top 10. Forbes’ list of highest paid actors in the world is out now, and it’s a good news for Bollywood fans. While Mark Wahlberg has topped the list this year, three Indian actors find place in the top 10.