Current Affairs 23rd August 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 23rd August 2017
Welcome to Current Affairs Today, your source for latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2017 for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Daily Current Affairs 2017 updates for Banks, Central, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway and other competitive exams. 23rd August 2017 Current affairs, Latest GK Questions are available here. Aspirants who are prepared for competition exams can read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates and General Awareness Questions. We will provide the Today Current Affairs and Important GK Questions on this page. Candidates who preparing for the competitive examination must have knowledge about the current affairs and practice the Today Current affairs GK Question Quiz.
Current Affairs 23rd August 2017
- World’s Largest March Against Child Trafficking to Host by India. Over 10 million people from across India are expecting to take part during the month-long march against child trafficking.
- Infosys out of top 10 BSE most valued companies. Infosys the IT major is no longer on the list of top 10 most valued companies on the BSE and the NSE.
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry Constituted 40-Member Preview Panel for IFFI. The Information and Broadcasting Ministry (I and B) constituted a 40-member ‘Preview committee’ for the International Film Festival of India 2017. Vivek Agnihotri has been chosen as the convenor of the committee.
- New frog species with pig face discovered in Western Ghats. Indian scientists discovered Nasikabatrachus Bhupathi, a new species of frog that has a snout-shaped nose, just like a pig in West Ghats.
- Andhra Pradesh first to implement Bharat QR digital payments. Andhra Pradesh’s Eastern Power Distribution Company Ltd (EPDCL) and the Southern Power Distribution Corporation of AP Ltd (SPDCL) have become the first state-owned distribution companies in India to accept payments through Bharat QR, the world’s first interoperable quick response code acceptance solution launched by the Reserve Bank of India
- SC strikes down instant triple talaq. The Supreme Court banned on Tuesday a controversial Islamic practice of instant divorce as arbitrary and unconstitutional, in a landmark verdict for gender justice that will stop Muslim men calling off a marriage on a whim.
- TRAI inks cooperation pact with Malaysia telecom regulator. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has inked an agreement with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission(MCMC) to deepen bilateral cooperation in telecom and broadcasting regulation.
- Arkansas Novelist Padma Viswanathan Awarded 2017 Porter Fund Literary Prize. Indian American novelist and playwright Padma Viswanathan is the recipient of the 2017 Porter Fund Literary Prize for fiction.