Current Affairs 18th August 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 18th August 2017
Welcome to Current Affairs Today, your source for latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2017 for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Daily Current Affairs 2017 updates for Banks, Central, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway and other competitive exams. 18th August 2017 Current affairs, Latest GK Questions are available here. Aspirants who are prepared for competition exams can read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates and General Awareness Questions. We will provide the Today Current Affairs and Important GK Questions on this page. Candidates who preparing for the competitive examination must have knowledge about the current affairs and practice the Today Current affairs GK Question Quiz.
Current Affairs 18th August 2017
- PM addresses Young Entrepreneurs at the “Champions of Change” initiative organised by NITI Aayog. The Prime Minister interacted with Young Entrepreneurs at the “Champions of Change” initiative organised by NITI Aayog at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra.
- President Ram Nath Kovind asks mining companies to make policy for welfare of labourers. President Ramnath Kovind asked mining companies to make a policy for the welfare of labourers and their families.
- Cabinet clears stalled Bihar dam project. The Union Cabinet has decided to revive the North Koel Reservoir Project, stalled since 1993, and claims it will irrigate over 40,000 hectares in some of the most backward and drought-prone regions in Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Emma Stone named as 2017’s Highest-Paid Female Actor. Emma Stone named as Hollywood’s best-paid female actor in Forbes annual list of top earners.
- Ramandeep Singh and Chinglensana Singh Kangujam struck twice to guide the Indian men’s hockey team to a sensational 4-3 win over Austria in their final encounter of the Europe Tour.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited signed a MoU with Oil Marketing Companies under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas for distribution of energy efficient appliances.
- Lakshya Sen wins Bulgaria Open International Series. Young Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen clinched the Bulgaria Open International Series title after notching up a hard-fought win over Croatia’s Zvonimir Durkinjak in the men’s singles final in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Vishal Sikka resigns as MD and CEO of Infosys. Vishal Sikka has resigned as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Infosys. Pravin Rao has been appointed as the interim CEO.