Current Affairs 17th August 2017-Daily GK Updates, Today Important Questions Answers, Daily Current Affairs 17th August 2017
Welcome to Current Affairs Today, your source for latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2017 for the preparation of IAS, UPSC, Banking, IBPS, Railways and other exams. Daily Current Affairs 2017 updates for Banks, Central, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway and other competitive exams. 17th August 2017 Current affairs, Latest GK Questions are available here. Aspirants who are prepared for competition exams can read the Daily Current Affairs and Latest News Updates and General Awareness Questions. We will provide the Today Current Affairs and Important GK Questions on this page. Candidates who preparing for the competitive examination must have knowledge about the current affairs and practice the Today Current affairs GK Question Quiz.
Current Affairs 17th August 2017
- RBI Makes Aadhaar Linkage Mandatory for Farmers. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made Aadhaar linkage mandatory for availing short-term crop loans up to Rs 3 lakh in 2017-18.
- State Bank of India gives Leg-up to CSR Initiatives. State Bank of India launched a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative, SBI Gram Seva, which will work in the areas of health, education, environment and rural infrastructure.
- A New Landmark in India-USA relationship. New vistas in the Indo-USA relationship will begin with the arrival of the first shipment of American crude oil to India by the end of September this year.
- New Metro Rail Policy approved. The Union Cabinet has approved a new Metro Rail Policy that seeks to enable realization of growing metro rail aspirations of a large number of cities in a responsible manner.
- Jammu and Kashmir government begins building of 100 bunkers along LoC in Rajouri.
- The Central government plans to sell generic Medicines at all the fuel stations in India.
- Karnataka launches ‘Indira Canteen’ in Bengaluru. ‘Indira Canteen’, aimed at serving the poor at subsidized rates, was inaugurated in Bengaluru on Wednesday by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
- Qatar launches new direct sea route to Pakistan as Gulf blockade continues. Qatar has launched a new direct route between the country’s Hamad Port and Pakistan’s port of Karachi